As you may know, we like to keep up with some potentially awesome new games that may be a little off the general radar. This usually means Kickstarter, but today, we are happy to share some news, in form of actual in-game screenshots, from Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore, an independent first-person RPG, helmed by Guideo Henkel.
“Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore is a first-person, party-based role-playing game featuring turn-based combat, with a focus on the story and character development. Developed by fully independent developer and publisher G3 Studios in Southern California, and spearheaded by veteran game designer/producer Guido Henkel (Planescape: Torment, Realms of Arkania Trilogy, Fallout II, etc.), the game is currently in its early stages of development and is scheduled for release in 2014.”
- Single player, first person role-playing game
- Party-based play (four player-, plus two non-player characters)
- Six races and eight classes to choose from
- Over 34 unique character traits, plus base attributes
- Party characters interact with each other
- Turn-based combat
- Indoor and outdoor environments
- Interactive game world
- Recipe-based crafting and enchanting
- Involving, adaptive storyline with many key players and twists
- Factions for intriguing political set-ups
- Tons of monsters to battle
- Intelligent dialogue system
For more information about this game, don’t forget to check in with www.deathfiregame.com, where you’ll see these images and more soon.
In the meanwhile, any thoughts? Better yet, any questions you’d like to ask about this game? We’d love to put something together for them.